Thursday 17 September 2015

Target audience

This collection of images represents my chosen target audience for my children’s TV drama title sequence. Here I have collected together a variety of images to highlight the age range of my target audience and the overall mood of the title sequence I would like to create. My target audience is children aged 5-10, my program will be a unisex program for boy boys and girls so that it appeals to a mass market.
Colour and Mood
The pictures in this mood board that represent my target audience are all bright bold colours that capture your attention. The use of bright blues and yellows highlight this my audience will be young and the program I will create will be exciting and light hearted. The colours used in this mood board also reflect the mood I would like to create in the program. I feel that colour always reflects mood for example, if you wanted to create a sad melancholic program about death you would use dark colours such as black to convey this. However, I have chosen bright and eye catching colours highlighting my program will be fun and exciting for the young target audience. It will also be light-hearted so that it is easy for the young audience to follow and understand.  
Potential Themes
The images within this mood board also highlight potential themes that will appeal to my target audience. For example many of the images are focused on school or hobbies that children within my target audience enjoy.  When thinking of themes for my program I will refer back to this board for inspiration as it will give me ideas that I know will appeal and be popular amongst my audience.

Overall, this mood board will help me keep in mind my chosen target audience when making my title sequence, magazine and DVD cover. When thinking of my target audience I will refer back to this mood board to see if potentially it will appeal to them. I will also carry out surveys amongst my target audience so that I know what I am doing right and wrong and whether it will be potentially successful within their age group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment