Thursday 25 February 2016

Title Sequence - Mock Up

Here I have analysed my Title sequence mock up for my children’s TV drama ‘Time Travellers’, I made this title sequence using iMovie, this software was very useful as It allowed me to use green screen technology and edit the speed of my clips.
Target audience
I think this title sequence clearly represents my target audience; I achieved this by incorporating both male and female characters that were of a similar age to my target audience. I chose to use characters of a similar age as it not only represents the target audience instantly but it also allows the audience to engage with the program and relate themselves to the characters. My target audience is also represented through the pace of the title sequence, the title sequence I have made is very faced paced, energetic and exciting. This represents my target audience as they are young children who are energetic and overexcited, it also represent the overall feel of the TV program. My program will be exciting and fast paced to keep the viewer’s interested and I think my title sequence clearly represents this.
Camera shots
For this title sequence I have mostly used long/medium shots, this is because I wanted to makes sure the audience could clearly see the characters costumes which represent the time period they are in. I feel that for my real Title sequence I need to incorporate a larger variety of camera shots so that it remains interesting and fun for the viewers. However there are some camera shots that I particularly like which iMovie have allowed me to create, I particularly like the shot where the male actor throws his hat at the camera and in the next scene he is a different costume. I think that this shot is highly effective as it is different to other camera shots used in title sequences already on television.
Conventions
I think that in this title sequence I have created I have followed many media conventions associated with title sequences. For example I feel that my title sequence explains the plot of the program clearly as it shows that the radio causes the children to time travel at the beginning. Also my title sequence clearly introduces the two main characters, similar to the ‘MI High’ title sequence I analysed I have used corresponding clips to highlight the characters personality. The final convention I feel that I have followed is at the end of the title sequence when the programs logo is revealed, I think this convention is highly important as it allows the views to see what the program is called, it also creates more of a relaxed feel for the beginning of the program.

Lighting
I feel when filming I did not take lighting into account; this has resulted in a poor quality title sequence that appears very dull. Not taking lighting intro account has also affected the quality if the green screen technology, as you can see the backgrounds can appear quite dark and blurry; this is because the lighting on the green screen was poor. When it comes to filming for my final title sequence I will take lighting into account as it has resulted in a poor quality and unprofessional looking title sequence.
Music
I Think the music for this title sequence is appropriate as it is fast paced and exciting, this will grab the young viewers attention. The fast pace music also conveys the fun and lighthearted theme of the program. Overall, I think that the music I chose was highly effective for my title sequence, as it clearly highlights my young target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment