Saturday 2 January 2016

Hair and Make Up - Experimentation

Here I have experimented with a variety of hair styles that I feel will reflect the era the characters are in. I have chosen not to experiment or include any make up as I feel that it is wrong to promote children wearing make up to my young target audience. 

Romans
Here I have experimented with a variety of styles which I feel reflect the Roman Era. I chose to include a small hair accessory as Gold head bands were very popular during the roman period and i think this adds to the overall look. I personally like the first image where the hair is all on one side, this is because i think it is simple yet effective and will therefore not take attention away from the costume. 
Evacuees
Here I have experimented with a variety of hair styles which I think reflects evacuees during World War Two. I have chosen to accessorise this look with a typical 1940s hat as I feel that it makes the overall look more believable and accurate. I feel that the two plaits are the best look as it suits my character and is more age appropriate it was also a typical children style of the time. 

1950's
Here I have experimented with different hairstyles that are accociated with the 1950s, here i have experimented with different hair bands that add the look. I like the polka dot hairbands as the polka dot patter was very typical of 1950's fashion. However, I think the plain side ponytail look is the best look for my title sequence as it is simple and will not take the focus away from the costume. I decided not to go with the polka dot accessories as there is already polka dots on the characters costume and, I don't want them to distract the viewers from the title sequence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment