Saturday 16 January 2016

Magazine Mock Up - Audience Feedback


Here I have collected together some feedback on the Magazine cover I designed for my Time Travelling program, I asked 7 members of my target audience to comment on the positives and negatives of the cover. They also helped me with suggesting improvements I can make so that it is more appealing to my chosen audience.

‘I think that the overall look of the magazine cover is slightly boring as it looks to educational. Maybe you could include more images and colours to attract the reader’s attention’.

‘I like the stamp that tells you what edition the magazine is, this makes it fun for the reader and would grab my attention when in the shop. I like how the stamp stands out and makes the magazine look less formal and educational.’

‘I think the font is easy for young readers to read and understand however, I think using the same font and colours across the cover makes it look boring and dull. Personally I think this cover would not stand out to me on the shop shelves.’

‘I think the main cover image is boring and unappealing, it does not grab my attention. I think that you need a fun and energetic image to grab the reader’s attention as images are the first thing you look at on the cover.’

‘Overall I think this cover appears a bit boring for this audience, there are no eye-catching, bold colours they are all very dull. For a children’s magazine I think you need to use bright bold colours that catch the reader’s attention when on the shop shelves.’

‘I think you need more sub stories and competitions to grab the reader’s attention, the sub stories at the moment are very hidden they do not stand out. I also think they are quite boring and unappealing for this target audience.’

‘I think the overall appearance of this magazine is quite boring, although you have made it clear and easy for young children to read I feel that it appears to educational looking therefore making it appear boring to young children.’
To conclude
From this audience research I have found out a lot regarding the magazine cover I made, many children commented on the fact that it looks dull and to educational. This will then instantly turn them off the magazine as they want to read something fun and exciting. Many children also commented on the fact that the main image is also boring and dull, to improve this I will practice with the different types of shots and camera work so that I can create a fun and eye catching image. Overall I feel that the feedback for my magazine has been quite negative, maybe this was because I didn't stick to my original design that was successful amongst my target audience. For my final cover I will take this criticism on board so that I can make a professional yet fun and eye caching magazine for my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment