Friday 11 March 2016

Style of Camera Work

Extreme Close Up
At the beginning of the title sequence I used an extreme close up shot of the radio this was because, I wanted to capture the radio and make it clear that it is the radio that makes the children time travel. I also then zoomed quickly out of the shot to build up the pace of the title sequence, i liked the effect this created as it further highlights the time travelling element to the young target audience. This camera shot with the addition of my chosen transition flows nicely into the next shot as it again adds the overall feel that the children are time travelling. 

Middle/long shots 
Throughout my title sequence I mainly used middle and long shots, this was because I wanted to make sure I included the background and the characters costumes. This is so that the audience can clearly see what time period they are travelling in. I used this camera shot at the beginning of the sequence when the children are starting to time travel, I also used this shot when introducing my characters as I again wanted to include their full costumes and the background. Although a simple shot, I think this camera shot has been highly successful in my Title sequence as it allows the audience to see both their costumes and the time travelling background so that the theme is clearly emphasized. 







Set backs
There were several set backs in the production of my title sequence, the main one being the lighting and green screen technology. When filming the last scenes the lighting appeared bright and okay but I did not take into account shadows that will show up on the green screen. This then went on to effect the overall quality of the clip as the green screen background dulled down the overall quality and sometimes effected the models skin tone. I tried to fix this issue by using a tool on iMovie called 'Match colour', this allowed me to achieve a similar lighting from other scenes in the sequence. Although this tool balanced out the skin tone of the characters it then ruined the effect of the green screen as it altered the colour and bought out the creases in the green screen. As you can see in the images below  the characters skin tone goes red and blurry so it is not as clear and professional as previous scenes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment