Friday 11 March 2016

Editing - Title Sequence

To Edit and create my title sequence I used the software iMovie. iMovie allowed me to create a variety of short clips using green screen technology and other features. Editing was a long laborious process as I had to make several little clips in order to make my title sequence. For
example, when the children's costumes are changing at the start of the sequence I had to make a smaller clip in order for it to work and look professional. I feel that using green screen technology has been a very useful feature when editing as I have been able to use backgrounds that i feel clearly represent the theme and time period in which the children are in. 
Picture within Picture Editing
 Also when introducing the characters I again had to make several smaller clips, this was because of the picture within Picture format, this feature allowed my to place smaller clips within my bigger clip however, it would only let me place one at a time and I wanted three clips. In order to achieve what I wanted I had to keep saving the video each time so that I could put another smaller clip on top of it. This was a long process, however I feel that it was highly successful as it has allowed me to follow a typical media conventions of introducing characters with corresponding images. 
Transitions
From previous research I found that transitions would be highly successful in my Title sequence as they are eye catching and especially appealing to younger audiences. When Editing iMovie  allowed me to incorporate some transitions in order for the scenes to flow into each other professionally. At the beginning of the Title sequence I used the 'Circle Open' Transition, this allowed me to clearly emphasize to the audience that the radio caused the children to time travel as I used a close up of the radio which then turned into the children travelling.  


Speed Changes
From previous research I also found that iMovie allowed me to not only change the speed of clips by also reverse them. For my title sequence I used this feature many times, most recognizably when the male character throws his 1920's hat at the camera and it then comes back to him as a different hat. When Editing this clip I not only reversed the second clip but I also sped them both up, this is so that I could keep the title sequence Fast paced and exciting. Throughout my Title sequence I used the speed tool that iMovie offered as it allowed me to create the fast paced and engaging title sequence I was aiming for. 


Text Tool
Finally when editing iMovie allowed me to place text over several clips, when editing I found that I could place text over clips that faded in and out. I thought this feature was particularly useful when creating the scene that introduced the characters. I used this feature to shows the audience the Children Names in the Program, I also chose the 'Chalkboard' font as i think that it fun and appealing to children of my age group. I found that this font appeared more child friendly and was also easy for them to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment