Saturday 19 December 2015

Choosing Music

Finding the right music for a title sequence is difficult and time consuming, however with the website, Audio Network I was able to filter the type of music i was looking for by searching my genre and target audience. Audio network allowed me to search the Children's TV category which provided me with tracks suitable for TV and young audiences. I finally chose the track 'Harry in a I Hurry' because it was fun and upbeat with a vintage twist which suited the time travelling theme. I feel that this song clearly reflects my theme and target audience as its fast and upbeat pace is appealing to a young audience, it is also catchy and memorable so that when children hear the theme tune they will recognise the TV show. 

As my TV Title sequence begins with two children playing with a radio I have mixed my chosen music with a variety of famous period music and radio stations to make the scene believable and easy for my young target audience to understand. The music sequence begins with audio clip fro BBC radio one which then, using the Radio sound effect tunes into Capital Radio, these are both popular radio stations that my target audience would of heard. The Radio will then tune into typical 1920's music and the characters costume will change to the costume for that period and the same again with the famous Vera Lynn track. The Radio will then for the final time tune into my chosen music which is fun, upbeat and appealing to my young target audience. I edited this track using iMovie which enables me to combine audio clips and fad them into each other for a professional finish. The inspiration for this idea was taken from my research of the 'MI High' title sequence, this is because like my audio track it does not start straight away into music but contains dialogue that links to the theme and track. At the start of the MI High Sequence a voice over is used to establish the theme and plot which is similar to the audio I will be using.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment