Monday 28 December 2015

Location

As my Title sequence is based on time travel I will not be able to re create all the locations for my scenes to allow them to appear historically accurate. Therefore from my research of experimenting with technology I found that the green screen is the best tool available for me. Green screen technology allows me to place any image or background behind my characters when filming, with this technology I can place images behind my characters that clearly represent the time period they are in. For the scenes in which the children will travel I have found a copyright video of a spiral clock, this will help me to create the illusion of the children time travelling easily and effectively. I personally think the spiral clock will be highly effective for my title sequence as it will reinforce the time travel theme to the young audience. I have also chosen several other background to use in my title sequence that clearly emphasizes what time period the children are in. 
                                                      Victorians 
For the scenes in which the children travel to the Victorian Era I have chosen an image of a typical Victorian street. I chose this image as I think it clearly highlights the poor conditions of the Victorian era, also, this will tie in with the children's costumes as they will be poor Victorian children rather than the rich upper class Victorians of the time. 

1920's
For the scenes in which the children travel to 1920's America I will use this background of a 1920's dance hall. I chose this image as i feel that the musicians clearly emphasize the Jazz and music era of the 1920's. Also the scene in which this background will be used is when the children are dancing in their costumes. Therefore I feel that is will be highly effective, also, i like the black and white background as their costumes will stand out against it. 
WW2
For the scenes based around WW2/1940s the children will be evacuees who are being sent to live in the countryside. Here I have chosen two images for the background which I feel clearly highlight this. I have chosen the typical Anderson shelter as I feel that many children will recognize these from learning about them in history . I have also chosen a 1940's train station to show that the children are evacuees who are being sent off to live in the countryside. I hope that these two backgrounds will be highly effective in my title sequence for highlighting the WW2 era. 
1950's
For the scenes in which the children travel to the 1950's i have chosen this typical 1950's American Diner. I feel that this background will be highly effective in my title sequence as it bright and eye catching which will catch the viewers attention. Also, i feel that it clearly represents the 1950's era as American diners were very popular at the time. Along with my 1950's costumes I hope that this scene will be highly effective and appealing to my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment