Monday 2 November 2015

Experimenting - iMovie Templates

Here I have experimented with the templates available on iMovie, the templates give me a theme to use and something to adapt my title sequence to. This is one of the many technologies I can use in order to make a successful and eye catching title sequence.  Here I have taken inspiration from the ‘Good Luck Charlie’ title sequence I analysed; this title sequence used fast paced camera shots to show a variety of photos in frames to introduce the characters. I liked this effect as it was fun and exciting and I feel that it will appeal to my target audience. Here I have experimented with the templates iMovie provide to create the same effect, I chose the photo frame and the traveling theme as they are potential themes I can base my children’s TV drama on.  I firstly used the green screen technology to place my model in front of a variety of settings to match the theme; once I had chosen my images/clips I chose my theme and imported them into iMovie.  Once I had imported my clips into iMovie I was able to chose where I wanted certain transitions and titles that bring the theme to the title sequence. When using these two templates I found that some aspects can be restricting and may affect my final title sequence when it comes to editing. One of these restrictions was the timing of the transitions, as you may see in both of the short clips I made some transitions moved faster than others this is because I was unable to change the times of the transitions as they were the template to the movie. This is the only problem I found when using the templates iMovie provided. Overall, I feel that experimenting with the templates available was highly successful as I was able to achieve the same effect as the ‘Good Luck Charlie’ sequence, which I feel, is highly appealing to my young target audience.  When it comes to making my title sequence I will defiantly take these templates into account as I feel they are easy to use and highly effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment