Friday 27 November 2015

Choosing Technology and Software

What Camera is best?

When filming for my children’s TV drama title sequence I want to use the best equipment available so that I can achieve a high quality, professional finish. In order to choose the best camera I tested a variety of them to find out the positives and negatives and what one suits me best for my production. 

Canon HG10










Overall, I feel that although the Canon H610  has many positives such as the large memory and safety strap, I think this is not the right camera for the production of my title sequence . This is because of the low quality footage and the further loss of quality when zoom is used. I want my Title sequence to look clear and professional and I feel that this camera could not achieve this . 

Canon AXH1

Overall, I think this is not the right camera for my production, although it has high definition audio and filming, I feel that it is too heavy and restricting especially with the memory/tapes. 

Canon Power Shot S5







Overall, I don't think this is the right camera for producing my title sequence, this is because you cannot zoom which I feel is essential as I am including several close up shots. Also, it has limited memory and when filming I would like to film as much as I can in order to get a realistic and professional looking product. 

Canon EOS 1100D









Overall, I think this is the right camera for producing my title sequence. This is because, it has high definition filming and comes with a variety of lenses that allow me to zoom and focus when filming close up shots. Also, this camera allows me to not only film but also to take photographs, this will be helpful when taking cover images for the DVD and magazine cover to match the title sequence. 

Equipment 
Tripod

Tripods are use to keep the camera steady in order to get a smooth professional looking shot. Tripods are also used to create a smooth pan for example, when filming the surroundings of a scene. For the production of my Title sequence I will be using a tripod to keep the camera steady and to create smooth clean footage. The tripod is also useful for filming scenes in which the character clothes will change this is because, the tripod accurately keeps the camera is place so that minimal editing is needed.

Green Screen
 Another Technology available to me that I will be using for my Title sequence is a green screen. Green screens allows my to edit in locations that are not available to me, for example a mountain. This technology allows me to create a believable Title sequence with a variety of different locations without having to film at all of them.  Green screen woks by filming my model in front of the Green screen in the studio, I then upload the clip to iMovie and import my desired background. I then select the green screen button in iMovie and the originally green background becomes my desired background.

Software Available

iMovie
iMovie is an essential editing software where I can edit and combine the footage I have filmed. iMovie allows me to import all my footage and edit it by trimming and combining it with other videos. iMovie also has other features that I can use such as templates and transitions that I can add to clips to make them fun and more appealing to my young target audience.  Transitions are particularly useful as they make transitions between scenes look professional and appealing to my young audience. I will be using iMovie when making my TV title sequence as it enables me to edit and combine my videos to create a professional and appealing Title sequence. Evidence of me experimenting with features available on iMovie can be seen on posts 27th, 28th and 30th November.

Live Type

I think Live type is an effective piece of software and will be useful when making my title sequence as I can save it as a video and place it over clips on the editing software iMovie. The  live type , software allows me to create fun and exciting titles for my TV sequence  Live type offers a range of different fonts and colours I can play around with and create a title that’s suited to my programme. As my programme is focused on time travel I will be experimenting with old-fashioned looking serif font to reinforce the theme to the young target audience.  Finally live type allows me to add effects to my chosen fonts such as the barrel jump and drop out.  These again will be helpful and effective when making my title sequence as they will make the title eye-catching and appealing to my young audience.

PhotoShop

I will be using Photoshop when editing photographs I have taken for my magazine and DVD covers.  Photoshop enables me to edit photographs to make them appealing and professional looking,. Photoshop enables me t edit the photographs for example, make them brighter and edit out unwanted shadows or other imperfections. This software also allows me to edit out backgrounds if I would like to edit in my own. Overall, this software will be highly effective when creating professional, high quality photographs for my Magazine and DVD covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment