Monday 23 November 2015

Experimenting - LiveType


Here I have experimented with live type, this software allows me to create fun and exciting titles for my TV sequences. Live type offers a range of different fonts and colours I can play around with and create a title that’s suited to my programme. As my programme is focused on time travel I have decided to use an old-fashioned looking serif font to reinforce the theme to the young target audience.  I also think this font is simple yet memorable to my target audience through the easy to read font and simple use of colour, this also makes it easier for children to recognise the TV logo on the shop shelves when purchasing merchandise.  Live type also enables me to edit the text so that it moves, there are many effects to chose from such as, the barrel jump drop out and bounce. When experimenting here I chose to use the barrel jump, I feel that these effects are particularly effective especially with my young target audience because they make it eye catching and inject some excitement into the sequence to prepare them for the programme ahead. Finally I think Live type is an effective piece of software and will be useful when making my title sequence as I can save it as a video and place it over clips on the editing software iMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment