Sunday 29 November 2015

Test Shots - TV Title Sequence


Test Shot 1
For this test shot I filmed the model doing up two different ties I then merged the two videos together in iMovie to make it look like the model is doing one tie that changes colour.  When filming this I didn’t take into account that I have the keep the camera and model in the exact same position so that they transition smoothly into each other. To fix this problem in iMovie I edited the clip using zoom so that the frame was the same in each clip. When it comes to producing my title sequence I will use a shot like this when the characters’ change costume as it is a fun and eye caching shot. 

Jump Cut Test Shot 
A jump cut is a cut in film editing in which two sequential shots of the same subject are taken from camera positions that vary only slightly. This type of edit gives the effect of jumping forwards in time. For this shot I filmed my model on different steps individually in different shoes to create the jump shot effect. once imported into iMovie I cut the shots down and speeded them up to create a fast jumpy effect.  I like the jump shot effect as the way it jumps makes the shot bold and eye catching which captures the audience’s attention and makes them interested to watch it. When producing my title sequence, I would like to incorporate this shot as in media it is typically used for showing time travel which is the theme for my children TV Drama. 
Panning Test Shot
The panning shot is typically used in media productions when establishing the location of the scene, for example, the camera may pan round a living room or party to show the location and the characters involved. Here I have produced a panning shot of my character and their surroundings using a Canon EOS 1100D camera and a tripod. I used a tripod to keep the camera stable and a the handle allows me to move the camera smoothly at my desired speeds. The tripod helps create a smooth and effective panning shot that looks professional and appealing to the viewers of the programme

Changing Shoes
When originally filming this shot I did not take into account the fact that I have to keep the lighting and the background exactly the same in both shots, this resulted in the production of a poor quality clip that did not smoothly transition into each other. therefore, the second time round I made sure I kept the background and the model in the exact same place and I controlled the lighting so that it was the same in both shots. Once filmed I imported the clips into iMovie and merged them so that it appears to the audience the shoes are changing as they walk.  I would defiantly like to use this shot in the production of my title sequence for when the character’s costumes change throughout time. This is because I think that it is appealing and eye-catching to a young target audience, it also appears professional if filmed to a high quality. 


Door

For this shot I filmed two separate shots, one of the model walking through the door and, one of the model opening the door in a different piece of clothing. I then imported the clips into iMovie and edited them so that it appears that the model walks through the door and reopens it in a different outfit. In iMovie I also speeded up the clip so that it moves quickly but smoothly and appears professional to the audience. I will be using this shot in my title sequence as it is easy to achieve and is effective when the character’s change costumes for transitioning between shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment