Thursday 1 October 2015

Title Sequence - Research Conclusion

What was effective?
All the title sequences I researched were highly effective for their particular target audience; however, certain sequences stood out to me and were memorable by the techniques the producers used. I particularly liked the Doctor Who title sequence I researched although, this was a very simple sequence it was highly effective as the theme tune and computer graphics captured the audience’s attention and clearly conveyed its Sci-Fi theme. I found from my research that all title sequences need a catchy and memorable theme tune that have to convey the mood and, genre of the program to its target audience. Other title sequences that done this effectively was the ‘Good Luck Charlie’ and ‘Tracy Beaker theme tune this is because, they both outlined the plot of the program through the lyrics in the song. Furthermore, this gives the audience an idea of what the program will be about and, the upbeat and positive lyrics used in both title sequences implies that the programme is fun and light hearted entertainment for the viewers at home.  Another, key feature I found in the title sequences I researched  which I feel is  highly effective is,  the use of images showing characters in the programme.  This again gives the  audience an insight into what the characters are like and their personalities. For Example, the MI High title sequence shows short clip of the main characters which highlight their personalities such as, the character Rose is shown in a science lap suggesting she is the smart one whereas, Daisy is seen in an extravagant coat suggesting she is the ‘diva’ of the show. Overall, many conventional features of the title sequences I researched were highly effective, I liked how many that I researched used a colour scheme with highlighted the genre of the program and clearly conveyed the target audience it was trying to appeal to.

What are the similarities between the title sequences?
Here I have made a mind map of all the similarities between the title sequences I have researched; this is so that I can clearly see all the conventional features of children’s TV Drama sequences quickly and effectively. I will also refer back to the mind map when making the story board for my sequence so I know what conventional features I should include in order to make a successful and memorable title sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment