Friday 16 October 2015

Proposal of TV Drama Theme

For my children’s TV drama title sequence I am basing it on the theme time travel  through history. I was inspired to choose this theme through my research on children’s TV programmes, in which I have taken particular inspiration from Doctor Who. I have chosen to show my characters travelling to famous periods in time to not only make the show interesting and fun but also educational. Hopefully my title sequence will convey the fun and entertaining side to history and will encourage children to engage with their studies at school. My TV drama will be aimed at children aged 8-12 this is so that they can clearly understand the plot and theme of the show. 

My TV drama will include two main characters, both a girl and a boy who are the same age as the audience; this is so that my programme will appeal to a wider target audience. It will contain no stereotypical colours that may imply that the programme is aimed at a gender specific audience. I have also chosen to make the TV drama educational so that parents will also enjoy the show and allow their children to watch the programme. Also, with my audiences parents supporting and watching the show means that they will be more likely to buy merchandise that supports the programme such as magazines and DVD’s. 

Mise and scene will play a key part in producing an accurate representation of famous periods of time , in order to achieve a high quality and accurate TV drama I will have to research a large variety of historically famous locations in which I can film and, historically recognisable costumes that my characters can wear. Finally my title sequence will include snapshots from the children exploring famous periods of time from World War II evacuees to the 1960’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment